Monday, September 26, 2011

Dipping flowers in oil paint


"Blue Flower" (2010)
7" x 9"
Oil paint

This assignment was the first time I used oil paint and I thought it was rather hard to handle while painting. I don't even know why know that I think about it! This was meant for us to practice using oil paint before embarking on our huge oil paint project.

However, as you can see, I didn't manage to do very well in terms of portraying tones and forms. The light and dark tones were not blended well and made the flower look a bit awkward.

But I would like to think that I have improve from this, even though until now, I still do not really enjoy painting (although I prefer oil paint to watercolour).

I don't have much to comment except that I think I will try painting more often at the end of the year, in hopes of not only improving my painting skills, but also bring my interest in art to a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment