Monday, July 18, 2011

Monkey Business :D

I found this post online about a humongous, adorable, colourful monkey made out of flip-flops of all colours! Yes. You have seen it correctly. FLIP-FLOPS! Slippers and all that jazz! So this monkey is in Brazil and it was built with the help of local students. It’s called “Fat Monkey.” Yes, I know. It sounds cute and funny! They used flip-flops because they wanted to spotlight something that was iconic of Brazil. I think it’s so ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE and I love how the monkey looks like it’s is just hanging out, basking in the warmth of the sun.




Here are a few photos from the Florentijn Hofman website…
Monkey1
FlipFlop
Monkey2
Monkey3
And here’s a video showing how the monkey was made:


I think our school should do something like this! Probably use school socks or school skirt. I think that would be really awesome. Show off our school spirit and how much we value art and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment