Monday, February 7, 2011

PAINTING WITH MUSIC!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG


JUST WATCH THIS! DON'T STOP HALFWAY JUST BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LAME (they keep talking)!


IT IS SUPER-DEE-SOOPER-DEE COOLIO :D







Canon Pixma: Bringing colour to life from Dentsu London on Vimeo.



Dentsu London, the same ad agency that recently experimented with iPad light-painting, was recently hired by Canon to create a commercial for the Canon Pixma line of printers. They decided to create super close-up and super slow-mo shots of paint dancing by using sound, and created a rig that spins around the paint super fast to create a sense of motion as they shoot at 5000 fps. As you’ll see from the video, this is a great idea for still photos as well.
The resulting commercial can be seen at the end of the video. It’s stunning.


(http://www.petapixel.com/2010/10/02/making-paint-dance-in-slow-motion-using-sound-waves/)


This is such an awesome idea for coursework.. but it might be hard D: You probably need a really good sound system and really nimble fingers to capture shots that would be pretty amazing. I like how they can use paint and sound waves to combine two forms of the ARTS, music and visual arts.


I thought about combining 3 forms of the ARTS, dance, music and visual arts because I feel comfortable dancing to the music and using this to create art that could be used for my coursework. But then, it could be quite complicated and I probably have to use videos to record down me dancing and painting my coursework and I am not very good at playing around with videos. So this idea will mostly likely be in the back of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment